Recently, I had the wonderful surprise of spending time with some of my closest friends from high school. It was a terrific reunion and it made me wonder how the years have gone by so quickly! In reflecting on those years, it dawned on me that the music that I was listening to in high school still resonates with me, although today’s teenagers would probably not even recognize the artists. So, in an effort toward cultural edification, I submit my top ten albums* from my high school years:
10. Fleetwood Mac: Tusk
9. Led Zeppelin: In Through the Out Door
8. Dire Straits: Making Movies
7. The Police: Regatta de Blanc
6. The J. Geils Band: Love Stinks
5. Pink Floyd: The Wall
4. The Clash: Sandanista!
3. Talking Heads: Remain in Light
2. Bruce Springsteen: The River
1. The Clash: London Calling
*Yes, once you bought music on vinyl plates
Wishing everyone a rockin’ New Year!