Headmaster Bill Taylor shares his views on the journey of education from the perspective of a school leader, a teacher, and a student.
HERE ARE HIS TOP 10 OBSERVATIONS:
- Many people cannot see that which does not already exist; it is up to those who can to paint a picture.
- In both teaching and learning, recognize that each process should be distinguished by earnestness, courage, and wonder.
- Laughter, music, and humility are essential companions on any learning journey.
- Things that are important in life must be importantly protected in the classroom, and the School as a whole.
- Healthy risks are a critical aspect of the pursuit of excellence, whether as an individual or as a school.
- Hard work, faith, and a positive attitude can overcome almost any obstacle.
- Collaborative wisdom is far more dynamic and valuable than individual intellect.
- Surround yourself with dedicated, smart people and you will always find the right guidance, or re-direction, when you need it the most.
- Young people are the leaders of our future; respect them and their potential.
- Always look forward. But, always be informed by what lies behind, particularly your mistakes.